Business Development Manager (0178)
Application Status: Open
Location: Mid-Atlantic Area
Are you an experienced sales leader and professional with experience in healthcare services looking to join a growing national firm where you have the latitude to market a respected and recognized healthcare management solution? A growing B2B services firm based in the mid-Atlantic area is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to lead their healthcare business development efforts. The ideal candidate will have an established track record of successfully leading business development efforts marketing to both acute and sub-acute healthcare environments.
Job Summary for the Business Development Manager – Healthcare Services
The primary responsibility for the Business Development Manager is to lead the business development effort in the healthcare vertical, marketing to acute and sub-acute healthcare facilities to help meet the sales objectives. This person will also work collaboratively with the various other team members, helping to leverage existing relationships to sell new contracts.
Essential Functions of the Business Development Manager – Healthcare Services
- Serve as the lead for the Region/District sales team for the healthcare vertical
- Identify and develop relationships with acute and sub-acute healthcare business leaders, marketing life safety, security and clinical workflow systems and services.
- Manage healthcare team personnel and team expansion in the region
- Help other sales team members define new and/or emerging market opportunities.
- Provide and manage facility site surveys, system layout design and specification and proposals.
- Provide and manage training on new products and technologies, selling strategies, codes & standards, HCAHPS scoring, HIPAA and ICRA compliance.
- Prepare and manage healthcare vertical sales forecasting, opportunities and pipeline reporting using Salesforce.
- Establish Regional/District commitments for healthcare sales and market share growth, create buy-in for the healthcare product line vision and opportunities.
- Provide and coordinate representation at area trade shows and industry events.
- Provide support on national account efforts, helping to assist with establishing new relationships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Business Development Manager – Healthcare Services
- Understanding of healthcare vertical, both acute and sub-acute healthcare environments.
- Ability to market to a professional and C-suite level
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- A self-starter mentality, yet able to work as part of a team.
- Extremely effective presentation skills and presence.
- Ability to recognize areas for improvement, prioritize, develop a sales plan and successfully implement.
Training and Experience – Business Development Manager – Healthcare Services
- Experience developing and managing strategic sales plans with metrics based performance measures.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with clinical workflow systems, nurse call systems, security systems, fire protection a plus.
- 5+ years in a sales/marketing leadership position in a B2B services based industry, preferably in healthcare.