Director of Human Resources (0198)
Application Status: Open
Location: Baltimore, MD
Are you an ambitious Director of Human Resources looking to join a growing company where you can employ modern HR strategies to help build and grow a workforce, creating a regional employer of choice? A Baltimore area based professional services firm is seeking a Director of Human Resources. The ideal candidate will be a strong Human Resources Generalist who has a background in a professional services environment coupled with strong talent management expertise.
Job Summary for the Director of Human Resources
The primary function of this position is to lead the Human Resources team, providing for all of the human capital needs of the firm. This will include core functional areas of Recruiting, Training, Professional Development, Benefits, Compensation, Compliance and Performance Management.
Essential Functions of the Director of Human Resources
- Develop and maintain relationships with all staff members by connecting and gaining their trust.
- Manage the day-to-day people side of the business and partner with managers to provide both strategic and tactical direction.
- Handle talent management by ensuring a steady and adequate talent pool to sustain the continued growth of the organization. Specifically, anticipate and prepare for future and changing staffing needs.
- Manage all training and professional development needs for staff to align with company objectives.
- Assure all employment practices are compliant with federal and state mandates and regulations.
- Continually analyze and evaluate scheduling and staffing needs.
- Develop, propose, and integrate polices that strike the balance of maintaining company culture and current issues.
- Monitor and manage all employee benefit programs including health and welfare.
- Utilize strategic and forward thinking HR practices to maintain best in class policies while retaining company culture.
- Handle training and organizational development by proposing, coordinating, and managing technical and soft skill training throughout the organization.
- Understand the human capital and development needs and nature of a high-touch service related business.
- Provide oversight of policies to ensure that all employees are treated equally, consistently and with respect at all times.
- Assist in the ongoing review of company benefits and compensation programs to ensure that the firm rewards all associates with consistent pay practices in a manner that rewards performance.
- Direct schedules and duties for administrative professionals
- Coordinate in-house technology needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Director of Human Resources
- High level of integrity and strong personal character
- Understands the value of teamwork and what it means to be a team player
- Must have a certain charisma and ability to connect with staff members at all levels
- Demonstrates the ability to lead others effectively
- Flexible and can handle multiple assignments while working within a “fast pace” environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Displays a passion to develop others to their fullest extent by providing their time and personal commitment along with the assurance of superior training/resources to do the job
- Has a strong work ethic and leads by example
- Ability to hold all individuals accountable for job performance
- High energy level and is positive at all times
Training and Experience Requirements for the Director of Human Resources
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is required.
- SPRH is preferred.
- At least 7+ years of experience as an HR professional handling HR Generalist and manager level duties.
- Professional Services experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of core HR disciplines: employment law, benefits, compensation, recruitment, hiring, onboarding practices, training, safety, etc. is required.
- Must have experience in policy writing.