Director of Sales (0191)
Application Status: Open
Location: East Coast
Are you an experienced sales leader and professional in B2B technology services looking to join a growing firm where you have the latitude to grow, lead and shape a sales team? A profitable B2B technology surveillance services firm based in the Midwest is currently seeking a Director of Sales to lead their sales team. This person will ideally be based on the East Coast. The company is a well-established company providing unique technologically based security solutions to large museums across the country. Their product is technologically innovative with limited competition. The ideal candidate will have an established track record of successfully leading sales in a small team technology-based environment.
Job Summary for the Director of Sales – Technology Based Surveillance Services
The primary responsibility for the Director of Sales is to initially act as an individual contributor, working to execute the existing strategic sales plan as the sales team begins to grow. A primary goal will be to refine and improve the sales plan. This person will also be responsible for working with the various other team discipline leads within the company, helping to facilitate greater cross-collaboration among team members. The Sales Director will drive and work to achieve the company’s growth goals.
Essential Functions of the Director of Sales – Technology Based Surveillance Services
- Refine and execute the existing sales plan
- Create a long-term growth strategy
- Identify, onboard and lead new sales staff as the team grows
- Leverage existing customer pipeline to build relationships and create business opportunities.
- Lead product demonstrations both online and in-person
- Help sales team members define new and/or emerging market opportunities
- Develop and track meaningful metrics to help define which strategies, approaches and messages are most effective in driving new sales
- Manage existing client relationships, helping to identify upselling opportunities
- Attend industry trade shows, working to grow the brand, build relationships and grow the pipeline
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Technology Based Surveillance Services
- Experience developing and managing strategic sales plans with metrics-based measures
- Some technology-based experience highly preferred
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level
- Proven track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- A self-starter mentality, yet able to work as part of a team
- Extremely effective presentation skills and presence
Training and Experience – Director of Sales – Technology Based Surveillance Services
- Experience leading sales in a technology-based environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in the museum industry a plus.
- 5+ years in a sales/marketing leadership position in a B2B services based industry