District Sales Manager (0177)
Application Status: Open
Location: Annapolis Junction Maryland Area
Are you an experienced sales leader and professional in B2B services looking to join a growing firm where you have the latitude to lead and shape a large sales team? A growing B2B services firm based in the Annapolis Junction Maryland area is currently seeking a District Sales Manager to lead their thirty member sales team. The ideal candidate will have an established track record of successfully leading a large sales team to execute a strategic sales plan, helping sales staff to meet their goals and objectives in a B2B services based environment.
Job Summary for the District Sales Manager – B2B Services
The primary responsibility for the District Sales Manager is to lead the thirty member sales team, helping them to define and meet their sales objectives. This person will also be responsible for working with the various team disciplines, helping to facilitate greater cross-collaboration among team members. The Sales Manager will drive and work to achieve the company’s 10% growth goal.
Essential Functions of the District Sales Manager – B2B Services
- Manage the sales team for optimization across all sales and service offerings, leading the team to a 10% growth target
- Drive and lead the execution of sales strategies, working to refine the existing strategic sales plan.
- Oversee utilization of CRM (Salesforce) and leverage system to produce meaningful and actionable reporting.
- Help sales team members define new and/or emerging market opportunities.
- Serve as a coach for the sales department, participating actively in the sales process as necessary to mentor sales staff.
- Develop and track meaningful metrics to help define which strategies, approaches and messages are most effective in driving new sales.
- Oversee recruitment and onboarding of additional sales staff as team grows.
- Facilitate the development of a team based culture for the sales team, uniting a team who has significant tenure and experience diversity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – District Sales Manager – B2B Services
- Experience developing and managing strategic sales plans with metrics based performance measures.
- Some construction or fire protection industry experience a plus
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
- A self-starter mentality, yet able to work as part of a team.
- Extremely effective presentation skills and presence.
- Ability to recognize areas for improvement, prioritize, develop a sales plan and successfully implement.
Training and Experience – District Sales Manager – B2B Services
- Experience as a sales manager leading a large sales team in a B2B environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in the fire protection or construction industry a plus.
- 5+ years in a sales/marketing leadership position in a B2B services based industry