Executive Assistant (0200)
Application Status: Open
Location: Taneytown, MD
An outstanding career opportunity exists for a highly motivated and competent Executive Assistant for an environmental services company in Taneytown, Maryland. The qualified candidate will be an outgoing professional with utmost integrity.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to the owners of the company and managing the organization’s office operations with a high level of confidentiality. The ideal candidate will be someone who can multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
Essential Functions of the Executive Assistant
- Manage and prioritize Owner’s workflow, schedule and staff.
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to two owners.
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, etc.
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents.
- Oversee filing systems, both physical and electronic.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to the business processes, rates, etc.
- Review invoices and supporting documents before sending (mostly emailed or e-coordinated with client).
- Cross-reference load schedules, etc. to tie into A/R & A/P.
- Identify areas for efficiency and / or automation.
- Oversee and review reporting documents (ex. IFTA, fuel tax reporting, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external parties.
- Assist owners with sales/marketing and conduct online research for future sales / business development
Qualifications/Skills Needed of the Executive Assistant
- Some college is preferred, degree not required but appreciated.
- Significant executive support and accounting experience highly preferred.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks software, especially job costing (classic QB, i.e., not online)
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (formula-capable, detail-oriented)
- Experience with Google search (Dodge reports) and social media for research.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work proactively.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- People oriented and comfortable in a casual, albeit professional office environment with a natural ability to interact positively with a variety of people, including staff, clientele and drivers.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, sick and personal time