Executive Director (0200)
Application Status: Open
Location: Carroll County, MD
Are you a passionate supporter and provider of mental health and substance use services seeking to find a career where your knowledge and experience can have a meaningful impact on a community-based youth services program? Carroll County Youth Services Bureau, a highly respected Carroll County based youth services non-profit, is seeking an Executive Director to lead and nurture the continued development of this collaborative community-based youth services program. The ideal candidate will be an experienced mental health provider or an executive in a non-profit community-based services program similar in nature.
Job Summary for the Executive Director – Non-Profit Youth Services
The primary function of this position is to oversee and manage day-to-day operations and services provided to the community. In addition, this person will be responsible for building and bridging relationships with other related community programs to create and foster the services being provide to ultimately result in better outcomes and impact.
Essential Functions of the Executive Director – Non-Profit Youth Services
- Provide effective leadership in all aspects of management for the organization
- Promote the mission and vision of Carroll County Youth Service Bureau.
- Ensure proper oversight in the selection, planning, implementation, delivery, and review and revision of mental health and substance use services per the mission.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place for monitoring, supervising, and evaluating overall agency effectiveness and maintenance of reputation in the community.
- Ensure a model of excellence in recruiting and retaining high-quality staff.
- Oversee performance from a financial perspective of the organization.
- Model and promote high standards of ethical business conduct.
- Lead in developing short-and long-range strategic plans and goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Executive Director – Non-Profit Youth Services
- High level of initiative, creativity and energy
- Strong communications skills
- Strong team-oriented approach
- Highly engaging individual with strong people-skills
Training and Experience Requirements for the Executive Director – Non-Profit Youth Services
- MBA, MPA or Master’s degree in a behavioral health field
- A clinical practice background or orientation a plus
- Familiarity with Grant funding a plus
- Prior experience working in a non-profit setting a plus
- Fundraising experience a plus