HR Specialist (0197)
Application Status: Open
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Are you a self-motivated Human Resources professional with talent management and payroll experience looking to join a world-class professional services team? A vibrant, growing high tech company in Gilbert, Arizona is seeking an HR Specialist. This position will be 30 hours per week (8-3 M-T-Th-F and 8-12 W) with full benefits.
Job Summary for the HR Specialist
The primary function of this position is to manage a wide range of Human Resources and Payroll functions for the company. This will include core functional areas of Talent Management, Compliance, Onboarding & Offboarding, Payroll and Training.
Essential Functions of the HR Specialist
- Work within Paycor’s talent management / applicant tracking system.
- Draft employment offer letters.
- Maintain proper compliance for all territories in where company has employees.
- Communicate & distribute compliance information properly.
- Research local and federal laws as necessary and communicate properly to support best decision making.
- Update, maintain & communicate employee handbook and policies.
- Provide a management resource for managers to access when necessary for guidance on topics that arise during the course of work.
Onboarding, Offboarding & General
- Handle related tasks, such as coordinating with benefits broker, answering employee questions around a myriad of issues such as expense report codes, etc.
- Preparation for final review and submission of payroll. Includes, but not limited to onboarding & offboarding employees.
- Handle routine maintenance and support of employees between payroll periods.
- Manage reimbursements, benefits deductions and ensure 401k changes have been implemented.
- Follow the specific process established for payroll without deviation, yet make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Reconcile the Paycor system and internal time tracking system.
- Run and review post-pay run report and create journal entries for approval as necessary.
- Diligent spreadsheet maintenance and accuracy of job costing, vacation, and 401k accrual, etc.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Expense Report processing.
- Conduct new employee orientation, required annual briefings, benefits orientation, and the like.
- Potential for additional staff training- based upon experience and competence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the HR Specialist
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High respect for confidentiality.
- Continuous learner and embraces emerging technologies.
- Naturally engaged to ask questions to best support the team.
- Optimize processes, automating where possible for most efficiency with team communication.
- Brings a heart of service.
- Ability to balance relationships in the workplace.
- Self-motivated and holds oneself accountable.
- Always seeking improvement within the organization and open to feedback.
- Comfortable working in an on-site office environment (potential for partial hybrid environment once person is very established in the position)
Training and Experience for the HR Specialist
- Experience with Paycor HRIS system & Paycor certification is a plus.
- Excel & Accounts Payable experience a plus.
- Training and experience in technical/professional writing about HR policies, etc. will be helpful.