Human Resources Manager (0186)
Application Status: Open
Location: Baltimore, MD
Are you an ambitious Manager of Human Resources looking to join one of the region’s employers of choice, where you can employ modern HR strategies to help build and grow a high performing workforce? A highly reputable Baltimore area based engineering services firm, recipient of one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, is seeking a Human Resources Manager. The ideal candidate will be a strong Human Resources generalist who has a background in a professional services environment coupled with strong talent management expertise.
Job Summary for the Human Resources Manager
The primary function of this position is to lead the Human Resources team, providing for all of the human capital needs of the firm. This will include core functional areas of Recruiting, Training, Professional Development, Benefits, Compensation, Compliance and Performance Management.
Essential Functions of the Human Resources Manager
- Develop and maintain relationships with managers and staff members by connecting and gaining their trust.
- Manage the day-to-day people side of the business and partner with managers to provide both strategic and tactical direction.
- Handle talent management by ensuring a steady and adequate talent pool to sustain the continued growth of the organization. Specifically, anticipate and prepare for future and changing staffing needs.
- Manage all training and professional development needs for staff to align with company objectives.
- Assure all employment practices are compliant with federal and state mandates and regulations.
- Continually analyze and evaluate staffing needs.
- Develop, propose, and integrate polices that strike the balance of maintaining company culture and current issues.
- Monitor and manage all employee benefit programs including health and welfare.
- Utilize strategic and forward thinking HR practices to maintain best in class policies while retaining company culture.
- Oversee training and organizational development by proposing, coordinating, and managing technical and soft skill training throughout the organization.
- Provide oversight of policies to ensure that all employees are treated equally, consistently and with respect at all times.
- Assist in the ongoing review of company benefits and compensation programs to insure that the firm rewards all associates with consistent pay practices in a manner that rewards performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Human Resources Manager
- High level of integrity and strong personal character.
- Understands the value of teamwork and what it means to be a team player.
- Must have a certain charisma and ability to connect with staff members at all levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead others effectively.
- Flexible and can handle multiple assignments while working within a “fast pace” environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Displays a passion to develop others to their fullest extent by providing their time and personal commitment along with the assurance of superior training/resources to do the job.
- Has a strong work ethic and leads by example.
- Ability to hold all individuals accountable for job performance.
- High energy level and is positive at all times.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Human Resources Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is required.
- PHR or SPRH a plus.
- At least 7+ years of experience as an HR professional handling HR Generalist and manager level duties.
- Professional Services experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of core HR disciplines: employment law, benefits, compensation, recruitment, hiring, onboarding practices, training, etc. is required.
- Must have experience in policy writing.