Manager of Human Resources (0175)
Application Status: Open
Location: Baltimore, MD
Are you an ambitious Manager of Human Resources looking to join a well-established and growing technology company where you can employ modern HR strategies to help build and grow a diverse and largely remote workforce, creating an employer of choice? A Baltimore and Florida based information technology firm that has largely virtual based employees is seeking a Manager of Human Resources. The ideal candidate will be a strong Human Resources Generalist who has a background in an information technology environment coupled with strong talent management expertise.
Job Summary for the Manager of Human Resources – Information Technology
The primary function of this position is to lead all Human Resources functions for the company, providing for all of the human capital needs of the firm. This will include core functional areas of Recruiting, Training, Professional Development, Benefits, Compensation, Compliance and Performance Management.
Essential Functions of the Manager of Human Resources – Information Technology
- Manage the day-to-day people side of the business and partner with managers to provide both strategic and tactical direction.
- Handle talent management by ensuring a steady and adequate talent pool, effectively building a talent bench to meet the future needs of the organization.
- Assure all employment practices are compliant with federal and state mandates and regulations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all staff members by connecting and gaining their trust.
- Develop, propose, and integrate polices that meet the needs of both the diverse and virtual workforce while positioning the firm as an employer of choice.
- Monitor and manage all employee benefit programs including health and welfare.
- Utilize strategic and forward thinking HR practices to maintain best in class policies while retaining company culture.
- Handle training and organizational development by proposing, coordinating, and managing technical and soft skill training throughout the organization as necessary.
- Understand the human capital and development needs and nature of a high-touch information technology service business.
- Provide oversight of policies to ensure that all employees are treated equally, consistently and with respect at all times.
- Assist in the ongoing review of company benefits and compensation programs to insure that the firm rewards all associates with consistent pay practices in a manner that rewards performance.
- Assist in the development of employee communications, including a monthly newsletter.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Manager of Human Resources – Information Technology
- High level of integrity and strong personal character.
- Ability to be self-driven, working in a largely virtual environment, while still understanding how to be a contributing member of a team based culture.
- Must have a certain charisma and ability to connect with staff members at all levels.
- Flexible and can handle multiple assignments while working within a “fast pace” environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Has a strong work ethic and leads by example.
- Ability to hold all individuals accountable for job performance.
- High energy level and is positive at all times.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Manager of Human Resources – Information Technology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is required.
- Experience working in the information technology sector
- PHR or SPRH is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience as an HR professional handling HR Generalist and manager level duties.
- Knowledge of core HR disciplines: employment law, benefits, compensation, recruitment, hiring, onboarding practices, training, etc. is required.
- Must have experience in policy writing.