Recruiting Manager (0187)
Application Status: Open
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland
Are you an experienced Recruiter or Recruiting Manager looking to lead a team of recruiters? One of the most admired business services firms in the mid-Atlantic area is seeking a Recruiting Manager for their office in the Owings Mills area. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has solid experience successfully recruiting candidates and managing a recruiting program. This person will serve as both a manager and active recruiter, playing the role of “player/coach”. This position offers a competitive base salary with bonus opportunity.
Job Summary for Recruiting Manager
The primary function of this position is to lead, mentor and manage the team of recruiters who are responsible for building and delivering a strong and continuous talent pool for the company. In addition to managing the recruiting team, the manager will actively participate as a recruiter as well.
Essential Functions of the Recruiting Manager
- Serve as the leader of the recruiting group, overseeing and monitoring all recruiting activity to ensure that hiring targets are being met.
- Review and manage all hiring systems and processes to ensure best in class processes are being consistently applied.
- Help serve as a mentor to recruiting staff, helping them to improve on their skills, thus improving their results.
- Actively source for quality candidates and screen resumes in order to narrow down the candidate pool and determine who should be interviewed.
- Conduct both phone and in-person interviews (primarily phone screening) in order to develop a broad understanding of the candidate and present qualified candidates to Management for further screening.
- Embody the company’s vision and passionately share the firm’s story and values with other team members and candidates.
- Communicate with candidates in order to answer any questions they may have about the company, position, process, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Recruiting Manager
- Great work ethic with a results-driven demeanor and a strong drive to excel.
- Highly adaptable and personable.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to an audience.
- High level of professionalism.
- Tenacity and professionally persistent.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Recruiting Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Management, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience recruiting is preferred. Recruiting for sales positions is a plus.
- Light regional travel required from time to time for interviews as well as job fairs.