Sales Representative (0179)
Application Status: Open
Location: New York City
Are you an experienced sales leader and professional with experience in fire & life safety or integrated building systems looking to join a growing national firm where you have the opportunity to market for a respected and recognized industry leader? A highly regarded commercial fire and life safety services firm is currently seeking a Sales Representative to lead sales efforts in NYC. The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully leading business development efforts selling integrated building systems to contractors, building owners and developers.
Job Summary for the Sales Representative – Fire & Life Safety / Building Systems
The primary responsibility for the Business Development Manager is to lead the business development effort selling fire and life safety systems and services to contractors and developers to help meet the sales objectives. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and able to work independently to build relationships.
Essential Functions of the Sales Representative – Fire & Life Safety / Building Systems
- Serve as a sales lead in NYC, working to develop relationships with contractors, builders and developers
- Identify sales opportunities, both new construction and retrofit and develop timely estimates
- Continually track and follow-up on all in-process bids
- Develop daily and weekly plans to visit existing clients to identify potential opportunities, while also planning to visit new prospective clients for new relationships and opportunities
- Leverage Salesforce system to track activity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Sales Representative – Fire & Life Safety / Building Systems
- Understanding of commercial building and construction environment.
- Ability to market to contractors and building owners.
- Ability to relate to and connect easily with people.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet as a member of the team.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Extremely effective presentation skills and presence.
- Ability to reach blueprints and plans.
- Ability to recognize areas for improvement, prioritize, develop a sales plan and successfully implement.
Training and Experience – Sales Representative – Fire & Life Safety / Building Systems
- Experience developing and managing strategic sales plans with metrics based performance measures.
- Experience selling to construction and building owners.
- Experience with estimating.