Application Status: Open
Location: Reisterstown, MD
A healthy, loving, grace-filled church is seeking a Senior Pastor who will be responsible for ministering to the spiritual needs of the very active congregation through expository preaching, biblically rooted counseling and overseeing the various ministries of the church to ensure each one is operating in a manner consistent with biblical principles.
The 70-acre church campus is located in the mid-Atlantic region with buildings situated on rolling hills in a suburban setting that is less than an hour from major airports. The facilities are welcoming, beautiful, in excellent condition, and architecturally fitting for the church’s culture and location.
Job Summary for the Senior Pastor
This position will be a succession for the Senior Pastor who founded the church over 30 years ago. The mission of this non-denominational Christian church is simple and biblical: To influence people to find and follow Jesus. Highlighting a distinction between salvation and discipleship, this church is focused on seeing people place their faith in Christ and helping them grow toward maturity in Him. The church embraces a Free Grace perspective in theology and practice. The church also conducts ministry through the values of creativity, authenticity, relevance and excellence.
Over 2000 people call this church home. Emerging from the Covid pandemic, the church conducts two weekend worship services (previously, four services pre-Covid). The church has a robust online presence that includes the live streaming of services and extensive communication touches. Additionally, the church has outstanding ministries for children, students and those with special needs. The church is actively involved with over 30 ministries both regionally and globally.
Essential Functions of the Senior Pastor
The Senior Pastor position is the leader and figurehead of the church. He is responsible for the oversight and protection of the church in partnership with a solid group of elders. In addition to overseeing the executive pastor, the Senior Pastor is the primary guardian of the church’s doctrinal integrity, vision, and theological perspective. The Senior Pastor is also the primary preacher and communicator for the church. The role includes other duties one would expect, details of which can be provided.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Senior Pastor
- Master of Divinity based in Christian theology
- Pastoral ministry experience (5+ years as a Senior Pastor) in a medium or large church
- Demonstrated love of God and the church, and a person of prayer
- Committed to ongoing personal, spiritual, and professional growth
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Dynamic preaching which is Biblical, clear, and relevant to both believers and non-believers
- Visionary leader who can work with the elders, staff, and congregation to define and implement a vision
- Ability to interact with people outside the church and to promote the mission and vision of the church