Director of Accounting and Finance (0181)
Application Status: Open
Location: Mid-Atlantic Area
Are you an experienced financial executive in search of a company with exceptional ethical standards and experiencing significant growth? One of the mid-Atlantic regions most reputable and largest architecture & engineering firms is currently seeking a Director of Accounting and Finance for their headquarters in the mid-Atlantic area. This is a well-established and recognized firm experiencing mostly organic growth. We are looking for an experienced Director of Accounting and Finance with strong business acumen to help the company manage their financial position, mitigate risk and provide quality financial consultative advice to help support the executive team in business decisions. Qualified candidates will be strong strategic financial thinkers who have the ability to effectively lead a firm towards continued success and want to “make a difference”.
Job Summary for the Director of Accounting and Finance – Architecture & Engineering
The primary function of this position is to manage the strategic financial complexities of this large and growing Architecture & Engineering firm. This person will be in responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. They will also be responsible for providing consultative analysis regarding all possible financial decisions, including evaluating prospective mergers and acquisitions.
Essential Functions of the Director of Accounting and Finance – Architecture & Engineering
- Serve as a thought partner in order to add stronger financially-based decision making to the firm and strategically plan financial operations.
- Apply strong financial expertise and leadership skills within and across all levels of the organization to help evaluate existing business operations and new business opportunities, including prospective mergers and acquisitions.
- Use forward and futuristic thinking competency to develop relevant forecasting and associated financial modeling while ensuring that decisions are in-line with the stated mission and core values of the organization.
- Collaborate with the senior management team on forecasting and analysis and provide various financial models in order guide strategic decisions.
- Contribute to the development of business strategic initiatives in order to increase company growth and mitigate risk.
- Help drive the understanding and financial feasibility of projects and business opportunities.
- Serve as liaison for the organization to outside financial trusted advisors, financial service providers (banking and accounting relationships, etc.) and vendors as necessary.
- Monitor the financial landscape and proactively identify potential risks to current and/or future business operations.
- Provide comprehensive timely and accurate financial information to senior leadership team.
- Effectively communicate at all levels, to direct reports, peers, third party partners, and senior leadership team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Director of Accounting and Finance – Architecture & Engineering
- Ability to improve systems to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Desire to relentlessly strive for continuous improvement.
- Highly organized individual.
- Ability to apply financial acumen to drive strong business practices.
- Self motivated and independent, yet able to work with others as a team player.
- Strong systems judgment and understanding of others.
- A strategic thinker who is able to roll up his/her sleeves and work tactically.
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Effective negotiating, decision-making, and analytical skills.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Director of Accounting and Finance – Architecture & Engineering
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required.
- At least 5-6 years of experience as a Controller, CFO or Director of Finance level, working ideally in a project based accounting environment.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial oriented environment is a plus.
- Strong cash flow modeling and forecasting experience required.
- Experience with strategic growth planning, modeling, acquisition, etc.